Friday, June 13, 2014

So Far, So Good - Marina

Friday!

I just realized that I've been in ETV for a month today and wow... Time flies!

Today I went to shoot my first story in Anderson, SC. I thought it would be great to do a story on Meals on Wheels, an organization that delivers meals directly to the homes of the elderly and disabled that may not have help from anyone else. Besides delivering food, the volunteers also make sure that the recipients are doing well and they offer all their support. It's beautiful! And the reason why I chose this story was because I totally fell in love with the organization's purpose. There's nothing more beautiful in this world, for me, than the practice of charity in small gestures of service. You give, without asking anything in return. This is charity. This is love.

So the roles now were reversed. I was the producer and videographer and Tabitha was assisting me. That was interesting and definitely an experience! I never thought I would be creating my own stories here at ETV, but Tabitha let me make my own decisions, create the storyline, record and edit everything for this video! After getting some b-rolls of the volunteers packing the food into the carry-out containers, we interviewed the Executive Director, a volunteer and one of the recipients. And then, more b-rolls. B-rolls are the key factors for any story! More and more I've been refining my ability of shooting b-rolls. Tabitha has been teaching me a lot of good techniques and encouraging me to use my creativity to shoot b-rolls, after all, that's what makes a good story.

It was a success! I can't wait to start editing it :)


Yesterday we had another shooting. Rachel and I went to assist Tabitha with a story for Original SC about Chef Brandon Velie. He's the chef of a restaurant called Juniper, in Ridge Spring. I was able to observe a lot of Tabitha "in action" yesterday so I could use a lot of what she was doing to shoot my story today.

Tabitha, Brandon, Rachel and I.
As you can see in the picture I was wearing my Brazilian shirt because yesterday Brazil played home in the World Cup opening!!! And of course, like any Brazilian, I've soccer in my blood! Anyways, coming back to business... The shootings and the interview went great! It was pouring rain at the end but we had to leave...


So far, so good!!! No complaints!!!

My summer at ETV has been filled with lessons that not only will be useful in my career but also in my life as a whole. Those are life lessons. And I'm very grateful for everything I've been learning. After all, learning is growing. And I'm glad ETV is part of this growth. I'm so glad... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment