Thursday, July 24, 2014

Last Day - Marina

Today is my last day at ETV and I still can't believe it! I don't even know how to start writing this post... Well... Let's list the top 10 things I learned during these 10 weeks at ETV:

1- Don't drop the camera (rule number 1!!!)
2- Be creative with the videos you produce, with the shots, with the editing. Put a little bit of "yourself" in the videos.
3- Producing videos is like writing. You need to find the connection between the paragraphs and create smooth translations. You have to connect the parts of the interview to create the main storyline, which can be quite challenging, but you have to trust your instincts, sometimes it's like acting on a hunch.
4- Practice, practice, practice. That's the recipe for everything you want to be good at in life.
5- It's o.k. to make mistakes.
6- Always ask people if you don't know something. Internships are meant for students to learn, you don't need and you don't have to know EVERYTHING. Even if you think what you're going to ask is a "stupid" question, just ASK.
7- Sleeping early when you have to work the next day in the morning is always a good idea.
8- Get to know people, ask about their lives, how they got where they are today, or even where they were when they were your age, why did they decide to be in this field. You learn a lot from people's perspectives.
9- Everyone has a story to tell.
10- Stay positive, even if something doesn't come as planned. Deal with it, learn how to improvise, there's a solution for everything. Stay calm.

I can't think about another place that I could have had so much hands-on experience as I had at ETV. I'm very grateful to Don, Tabitha and all ETV staff who received me so well! Here are some pics of today and yesterday.

Rach, Kad, Tab, Don and I at the Brazilian restaurant!
Kad and Rach setting up the tripod.

Brazilian Soda
Jude, Rach, Eva, Kad and I. Great meeting you, ladies!
Nutella time after the shooting yesterday!
Rach and I covering the Tomato Festival.


No comments:

Post a Comment