Monday, July 7, 2014

The Importance of Progressing - Khadijah


Sometimes, it can be extremely surreal to remind myself of the fact that I'm an intern at South Carolina ETV!
 
I remember being a huge fan of the broadcast station when I was younger, more so with the PBS Kids affiliation. Now, years later, I'm working behind the scenes and observing the behind the scenes work involved of putting every show together and creating a platform that continues to be useful to those who watch locally and regionally.

 
With every blog, I continue to talk about how much I've learned, and how much I continue to grow here at South Carolina ETV. Now, I feel that it's important to keep that growth in mind, and to continuously find more and more ways to keep growing and striving for continued improvement on and off the field.
 
Many ways that I try to do that is through the observation of my peers. Individuals that work in my field of Content are extremely helpful with giving me tips on how to better my craft, and I'm extremely appreciative of that. Things like editing and writing will always grow and be more and more innovative as the year's go on, so getting tips on that, and being a good listener/observer will take you extremely far in the field of communications.
 
 
 
The ability to work beyond the 9-5 work hour also helps. There are days where I come home after my day at ETV and I continue brainstorming on projects that Palmetto Scene is working with, and I also try to work on outside projects that I can one day show to others based on what I've learned in my field of work, and just by putting what I've learned into action.
 
It's also really relaxing and enlightening to remind yourself of how far you've come, and to remind yourself that you have such a long way to go. It is possible. You've moved mountains before.
 
So, I say this to make a promise to myself that even beyond this internship, I will continue to grow. I will continue to progress, and I will continue to learn.
 
-K
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment