Thursday, May 15, 2014

Hitting The Ground - Marina

Rainy day outside. I woke up this morning around 5 a.m. with the flood warning alarm in my phone beeping.. I didn't even know that existed until now!

Anyways, let me talk a little bit about my day yesterday. Tabitha took me to the Avid bay in the morning so I could see how some of the documentaries are edited. For those who don't know, Avid is a video editing program like Final Cut Pro. We'll be using both of them during the internship, which means I'll have to learn how to deal with Avid! In the afternoon I did some research to come up with video ideas and also wrote an article for the Palmetto Scene page about solar energy. I also met Don Godish who is the Assistant Director of Broadcast Content here at ETV and we had some nice conversation about tennis and Brazilian food!

I love the environment here at ETV. Everyone is willing to help and they make you feel very comfortable. ETV is made of great people passionate for what they do!

But moving on... Today I got to ETV at 8:30 a.m. as usual and started making more phone calls and sending some more e-mails. I'm very excited about the projects we'll be working on and hopefully we can post some of the videos to the website soon!

Yesterday I found out that Jude Fox, who was an intern here at ETV and who I met in my first internship day, has her own radio program now featuring classical music! How neat that is :) I love classical music and I've been playing the piano since I was 14. So, of course I couldn't miss the opportunity of watching her program live!


Jude majored in Music from USC! I loved talking to her about her passion for arts. She's a sweetheart who loves the Beatles and Alan Menken! Tune in ETV radio every weekday at 11 a.m. to listen to great classics!

Next week the interns will be helping in the organization of the political debates which will be streamed live on scetv.org and also on ETV-HD. It'll be great to get the feeling of how it is to participate of a live show (behind the cameras of course!) and I'm sure it'll be a great experience! Tabitha and I also have some shooting planned for next week.

I want to finish my post with a video from Stephen Sutton.

For those who don't know, Stephen was diagnosed with an incurable cancer when he was 15. He created a page on Facebook called Stephen's Story and expanded to Twitter, Tumblr and Instagram. He wrote every update of his life himself and posted a bucketlist of 46 things he wanted to achieve in the near future. His Facebook page has more than 1,000,000 likes and his Twitter more than 213,000.

Stephen raised over 5 million dollars for charity in just one year.

He died yesterday morning, but he'll continue to inspire us among the angels. Stephen taught all of us how a brief life can be full of meaning.



No comments:

Post a Comment